Turn the bottom over in case of a firing mishap
- The bottom can be easily reversed in case of a firing mishap (except for powered bottoms).
- Sectional construction makes this possible.
how to do it
- Unplug control panel
- Remove hinge (if you have one of the spring hinges)
- Take kilns sections off bottom.
- Turn bottom over so that the bottom surface is now the top surface.
- If it really bad you may want to put a layer of calcium silicate underneath the bottom or do your best to repair it with a brick repair kit before turning it over.