- Unplug kiln.
- Remove the four #6 screws that hold the control in place from the front face of the control panel.
- Remove the control box and remove the insulation panel.
- Pull of the spade connectors from all the connection points on the back of the control. Loosen the screws that hold down the thermocouple wires and pull out the wires from under the screw heads. It is OK to remove the screws if this is easier for you. First not where all the wires go. These are all clearly marked with color coding on the Wiring Diagram.
- Pull old control out. Put new control in and screw in place with the #6 mounting screws. Replace wires on proper connectors.
- Be careful to get the Red or Yellow of the thermocouple wires to match the colors painted on the control board.
- Double check that the proper color coded wire goes to the proper terminal (Orange = OUT, Purple = AC1, Green = CT, Gray = AC2).
This video shows how to replace a DynaTrol on an Easy-Fire kiln. The same principles apply to any kiln with a DynaTrol or Genesis control.
WARNING IF YOU HAVE A TYPE S THERMOCOUPLE: WHEN REPLACING A DYNATROL: CHECK THE CONFIGURATION OF THIS REPLACEMENT CONTROL TO MAKE SURE YOU DON’T MELT YOUR KILN! See this for more information.
This video shows how to remove a control panel on an Easy-Fire, School-Master or eQuadPro kiln for service.