This is a rare error in the DynaTrol that indicates a problem with the memory chip.
A typical scenario:
- I set a program up on User 1, ProgReview worked ok, and the kiln test fired ok for several minutes.
- I set a program up on User 2, and ProgReview worked ok, but then after the IDLE/oC cycled a few times E—A came up on the display. When I pressed STOP the display showed TimeRun then ROR then 69 then IDLE. When I then stepped through the program, the settings had been scrambled. I then recalled the User 1 program and found the settings that had also been scrambled.
What to do:
- E- A or Error A is the result of having too high a number programmed into one or more of the segments of the Vary-Fire program you are trying to fire.
- It is pretty rare, but it can happen in Segments 7 and/ or 8 of the User 2 program.
- Even if your User 2 program only has 1 or 2 segments, all 8 segments are looked at by the part of the controller that checks for faults like that.
- To fix it, just go into User 2 and set it for 8 segments.
- Then as you go through the program, check the set points; the degrees F or C number in each segment.
- Probably the degrees F 7 and degrees F 8 are set to numbers that are a lot higher than the maximum temperature of the kiln.
- Set them to a number below 2300 and finish going through the program.
- Lastly, go back into User 2 again and set it back to the original number of segments. Then try to fire it again.
Try restarting the control after leaving it off for 5 minutes. If you get the same error the board needs to be replaced.