- Your kiln should be in a covered, enclosed space.
- Even if you live in a dry location, dew will form on the kiln if it is located outside.
- A basement or garage is usually a good location.
- Preferably the floor should be concrete.
- There must be at least 12" (preferably 18") from the walls of the kiln to any walls of the room.
- Keep all flammables away from the kiln.
- The room should be vented with either good natural ventilation or a forced ventilation fan. See this for why ventilation is essential.
- See our great installation checklist and description of various important considerations you need to make before you buy a kiln.