- All L&L Kilns that are over 48 amps are directly wired.
- That means that there is a power connection block inside the control panel.
- You will need to have an electrician run a cable or wires in a conduit or flexible liquid-tight conduit from your power supply (circuit breaker panel or disconnect switch) into the kiln control panel.
- Because of all the possible variations, L&L does not provide any of the materials or cables for this.
Direct Wiring a Kiln instead of using the power cord
It is possible, and some people prefer, to direct wire a kiln even though it comes supplied with a power cord.
Doing this has the advantage of eliminating the connection at the receptacle.
- This will not affect the warranty as long as you use the recommended proper gauge wire to hook up the kiln.