- Powered bottoms are available on Jupiter kilns with 22-1/2", 23-1/2", 28" and 29" diameters.
- Powered bottoms are available on DaVinci X2800, X3200, T2300 and T3400 series kilns.
We recommend this option for a few different reasons
- If you are firing very dense loads such as tiles.
- On very large kilns such as the T3400 Series, where you could get a cold spot in the floor, a powered bottom will improve uniformity.
- To decrease cycle time and add KW to the kiln - not normally an issue with ceramics, but it can be for some industrial processes.
- To increase the temperature rating of a JD23V, JD23V-3 or JD2918-3 kiln.
- Another benefit of a powered bottom is that it increases the element life by allowing all the elements to not work as hard, but achieve the same results.
- See this video for how to adjust settings on a powered bottom.