How to Place Posts when Loading a Kiln
- Place posts a few inches from the edge of the shelf. Posts positioned on the shelf edges tend to allow the shelves to warp sooner.
- Use 3 posts per shelf, this will allow the shelf to sit without a wobble. Use 4 for heavier loads, especially on the very bottom. Using more than four posts may cause your shelves to crack or warp prematurely.
- Always put the posts for the next shelf right on top of where the posts are holding up the shelf below. All the posts should be in a line from top to bottom.
- Placing posts on their sides under the bottom shelf to distribute the weight is best as long as the bottom shelf's height is not even with or higher than the bottom-most side element.
- Half shelves at the same height as each other can share the posts where they meet.