Sales Tax and Sales Tax Exemptions Policy
- We charge sales tax in Pennsylvania and New Jersey if the shipping address is in one of those states.
- We charge for New Jersey sales tax if the customer buys from and picks up from the factory.
- We charge for kilns, parts and service in those states.
- We are strictly responsible for collecting sales tax unless we have on hand a valid Tax Exempt Certificate. Our tax records are subject to audit by the State of New Jersey and Pennsylvania and we are liable for the tax if not collected.
- We charge this tax without exception unless the customer has a valid Tax Exempt Certificate at the time of order or on file with us. The tax certificate must be presented with the order.
- Credit for sales tax will not be made after invoicing even if a valid Tax Exempt Certificate is provided after invoicing is complete.
- If the customer is a tax-exempt public institution and the tax-exempt number is on the written purchase order, that is acceptable.