- We build a super-strong arch from 4-1/2" thick special arched shaped K25 firebricks (which are stronger than the standard K23 bricks).
- This is the time-proven way to design a front-loading kiln.
- You can't prevent a roof in a kiln from cracking but an arched roof will prevent a roof from collapsing.
- The end result is that these kilns will last years longer than kilns that utilize flat roofs.
- In addition to the 4-1/2" of K25 firebricks an additional 2" of non RCF fiber blanket insulation is used on top of the arch.
- This makes for an extremely well-insulated top where much of the heat loss is.