How to update software using a WiFi connection on the Genesis Control.
- Click "Menu", then "Configuration", then "Communications".
- Click "Enable Wi-Fi", then choose "Always on", then "Save".
- Click "Wi-Fi Setup", then choose your designated router, (ex. "Linksys"), then enter the password for your router, (ex. "12345"), then "Save", then "Home".
- Go back to the "Communications" section, then click "Download Firmware".
- If screen reads "Latest version already installed", click cancel, the software update is already complete.
- If latest version is not installed, wait until firmware fully downloads, then press "Install".
NOTE: Customers have successfully used their smart phone as a hot spot for updating the firmware in cases where no other wifi was available.
In case you have issues with your WIFI please see this post.