- There are two normal tension adjustments for the Easy-Lift Spring Hinge.
- The torsion spring has extensions on the top and the bottom that impinge on parts of the assembly to create tension and reduce the weight of the lid.
- The bottom extensions impinge on a stainless steel rod.
- This rod can be moved into one of two holes that are provided in the Spring Body Part.
- The set of holes that is closer to the kiln body will give you more tension and less lid weight.
- The set of holes that is further form the kiln body will give you less tension and more lid weight.
- In addition, you can remove that stainless rod altogether and get even less tension and more lid weight.
- See all three photographs for an explanation.
This video shows you how to adjust the spring tension on your spring hinge in case the lid is too heavy or too light.