L&L designs and builds custom square and rectangular DaVinci kilns. Sizes are very flexible.
The top is typically made of 4" thick ceramic fiber modules. The top is typically lifted off with an overhead crane or forklift but we have designs for pneumatically assisted lift off and swing-away lids.
Temperatures are limited to 2350°F.
Below are photographs of a large kiln we built for Brooke Pottery in England.
Please contact email@example.com or call for a custom quote.
Photo from the inside
Here are the specifications for this kiln:
TECHNICAL SPECIFICATION FOR MODEL X4385
- 42" (1066mm) square by 85" (2150mm) high
- Kiln includes 9 heated sections that are each 9" high
- Kiln includes include one unheated section that is 4" high
- Kiln has 3" of brick
- Kiln has L&L ceramic element holders
- All sections and lid has two handles on either side (a total of 8 per section) plus galvannealed lifting rings on each section.
- Kiln includes a welded angle iron stand with leveling bolts
- Kiln includes a ceramic fiber module lift off lid with metal frame
- Kiln includes a separate control panel that mounts on the floor
- Kiln includes a DynaTrol zone control
- Kiln includes three type K thermocouples in ceramic protection tubes
- Control panel consists of two of our control panels mounted together side by side with floor stands.
- 55,062 watts