The Vent Control allows you to automatically control the operation of the Vent-Sure kiln vent with one of the outputs from the DynaTrol (or Genesis).
- The Vent Control consists of a relay that is controlled from output #4 on the DynaTrol (or Genesis).
- There is a female 120-volt receptacle to plug the vent into and a cord to plug into a 120-volt wall outlet.
- There is a 6-foot wire that connects the control box to the kiln control panel. A grommet is included for non-factory installation.
Where it can be used
- It is only available for kilns with a DynaTrol or Genesis. (Not available on the One-Touch).
- It may not be used with kilns with powered bottoms (because the same output on the control is used)
- It is designed for use with one kiln.
- One Vent Control can control between 1-4 vents on a single kiln (if the kiln requires more than one vent).
- The Vent Control is only available for 120 volt vents.
NOTE: These options are set in the "Hidden Menu"
OPTION A (OP A)
Used to control a vent. Output 4 can be programmed to be on or off during each segment of a Vary-Fire program. During an Easy-Fire program, output 4 comes on at the beginning of the firing and turns off after the kiln has cooled to 150F.
OPTION B (OP B)
Used to control a vent. Output 4 can be programmed to be on or off during each segment of a Vary-Fire program. Output 4 comes on at the beginning of an Easy-Fire program, off at 1450°F, back on after the firing is complete and the kiln has cooled to 1000°F and finally off again when the temperature is below 150°F.
OPTION C (OP C)
Used to control a vent, an alarm, or other atmospheric control. Output 4 can be programmed to be on or off during each segment of a Vary-Fire program. Output 4 is off during Easy-Fire programs.
Picture of Vent Control
Vent Control with Vent
Vent Control Parts Inside Control Box
Picture of an installed Vent Control