- Make sure the circuit breaker or fused disconnect switch is turned on.
- If you have a circuit breaker flip it back and forth to make sure that it is really on. Some circuit breakers, if they have tripped, will not be obviously in a tripped position. By flipping it back and forth you will reset the circuit breaker.
- Check voltage of your power supply at the receptacle using your multi-meter set to the next highest AC voltage above 240 (typically this will be 600 volts but may be 250)
- Check fuses for voltage continuity. You can do this with your multi-meter.
- Make sure fuses or circuit breaker are/is the proper amperage and type. See your wiring diagram for the required fuse type.
CAUTION: This test should only be done by an experienced person familiar with electricity.