- Start Here
- Choose a Kiln
- Request Literature
Listed to UL499 Standard by MET
certified and listed kiln models in all voltage & phase combinations
Kilns that are c-MET-us Listed (US and Canada)
- The Vent-Sure kiln vent system is listed for use with all our listed kilns.
Kilns that are MET-us Listed (US Only)
kilns that are not listed
- Doll/Test Kilns
- Easy-Fire XT Kilns
- Jumbo Bell-Lift Kilns
- JH Series Kilns
- Chameleon Kilns
- Corona Kilns
- Fuego & Robin Kilns
is certification to uL499 standard required?
- The ultimate authority for this is a local authority such as a local code official.
- Usually it is not a requirement but this does vary from jurisdiction to jurisdiction.
- If you are planning to buy a kiln that is not listed to UL499 standards you should check with your local code inspector to be certain.
- Generally speaking this is only a requirement in public or institutional and sometimes industrial buildings.
- All Jupiter, Easy-Fire, School-Master, Liberty-Belle, and DaVinci (except the Model TB644754) are listed to UL 499 Standards for both the US and Canada by MET (An NRTL - Nationally Recognized Testing Laboratory).
- The Vent-Sure vent is listed in both the US and Canada for use with L&L listed kilns. UL 499, CSA C22.2, No. 122, CSA C22. Listing No E112742.
- Easy-Load and Hercules kilns are listed to UL499 Standards in the US only.UL 499. Listing No E112742.
Are L&L Kilns CSA Listed?
Kilns that are c-MET-ul listed are approved for use in Canada. c-MET-ul means that the kiln has been tested and certified to Canadian
CSA standards by MET (which is a Nationally Recognized
Testing Laboratory. CSA is also one of these laboratories and they have their own specific mark.