- Start Here
- Choose a Kiln
- Request Literature
- Ceramic Distributors
Type S Thermocouple
The Best Thermocouple for High Temperature Use
- The very best thermocouple for constant high fire applications is a Type S platinum thermocouple with an alumina sheath.
- Standard on JH Series Kilns.
- Type S thermocouples are composed of a positive leg which is 90% platinum and 10% Rhodium, and a negative leg which is 100% platinum.
- At temperatures used in pottery kilns (even the highest 2350°F) these thermocouples can last for a very long time (as long as they are not mechanically broken).
- The Type S thermocouples that we provide have a 5/16" OD alumina sheath. They are ungrounded. Termination is in a ceramic terminal block.
- Also available as an option on most kilns.