Simple Strong Hinge with Wide-Angle Opening
This is an excellent heavy duty hinge
- Heavy-duty but simple hinge
- It attaches to the top section only.
- The hinge bar is a heavy 3/8" diameter machined stainless steel rod. It is securely fastened on with cotter pins.
- The lid is held in the up position with two side mounted chains.
- In addition, for the 8-sided kilns, there is a safety chain which is meant to be attached to a wall. This is to prevent the lid from falling accidentally.
- The hinge is powder coated for corrosion resistance.
Where it is used
- We use this hinge on Doll kilns, Liberty-Belle and small Easy-Fire and Jupiter Kilns (8-sided models such as the e18S, e18T, e18S-3, e18T-3) and similar 8-sided models in the Jupiter line.
- The Fuego kilns have a similar hinge but it is integrated into the control panel because of the lid switch.