- Make sure power cord is plugged in.
- Reseat the plug. Pull it out of the receptacle and put it back it. This will reseat the connections.
- Also, sometimes the female socket and/or the male spades get oxidized (which can resist the flow of electricity). Reseating them can disturb this oxide layer.
- When you do this examine the plugs for any signs of burning or overheating. If the spades look oxidized you can rub them with steel wool to shine them.
- Make sure the plug is held firmly and that the springs inside the receptacle seem to be working.
- Look for any damage on the cord itself.
- Make sure the cord is not touching the kiln case.
CAUTION: This test should only be done by an experienced person familiar with electricity and its dangers.