Five-Year Limited Warranty for School-Master Kilns
FREE LIFETIME SUPPORT IS CONTINGENT ON THE USE OF L&L FACTORY PARTS. USE OF NON-L&L PARTS WILL VOID THE WARRANTY.
Basic Five-Year Warranty
Certain designated L&L Kilns are warranted to be free of defects in workmanship for a period of five (5) years, starting on the date of original purchase from L&L Kiln Mfg., Inc. (L&L) or from an authorized L&L distributor or dealer, subject to the following terms and conditions, including but not limited to, the exclusions and limitations set forth herein. A sales receipt is required for proof of purchase. In addition, L&L may require you to deliver defective parts to L&L for examination to determine the applicability of these warranty provisions. DO NOT DISCARD PARTS BEFORE CONTACTING L&L FOR INSTRUCTIONS. FAILURE TO ADHERE TO L&L's INSTRUCTIONS, INCLUDING THOSE CONTAINED IN THE INSTRUCTION MANUAL AND AS STATED HEREIN, WILL VOID THIS WARRANTY. L&L will replace or repair any defective part that is covered by this warranty and sent freight-prepaid to L&L. L&L will prepay return shipping cost without charge in the Continental United States. On-site labor is not part of this warranty and is not covered by L&L. Any warranty labor provided by Dealers and Distributors is provided at their own discretion and expense.
Applies to School-Master Kilns sold with the One-Touch set for a maximum temperature of 2280° (1248°C).
exclusions & limitations
The following are examples of items that are not covered by and/or circumstances that will void L&L's warranties:
- Kiln warranty may be voided by firing materials that introduce harmful atmospheres into the kiln. Atmospheres containing carbon, reducing atmospheres (caused, for example, by introducing carbonaceous gasses or solids like graphite or paper into the kiln), binders from lusters and decals, wax burn out effluents, fluorines, halogens, acids, metal oxides, and salts are some of the corrosive and harmful atmospheres that will damage a kiln. Most ceramic processes will release some of these harmful constituents into the kiln and venting will prevent most of the problems that those processes would cause. Also, depending on the concentration of the harmful gasses, kiln source ventilation (such as our Vent-Sure) may limit the damage to the kiln. It is the customer’s sole responsibility to ensure that the materials and the processes used are not harmful. This is of particular importance for industrial uses where processes may be unusual.
- Over-firing damage for any reason and regardless of cause. IMPORTANT: We specifically warn you not to fire the kiln unattended. The electronic One-Touch™ control used by L&L is not designed to be a failproof shut off device. L&L is not responsible for damage caused by failure of any of this control.
Also note that it is easy to melt clay if you inadvertently fire it hotter than its rating.
- Firebrick by its nature is fragile and will chip, crack, and create dust. L&L designs its kilns to minimize the effects of this but can not warrant against cracking, breakage, spalling or dusting. There is specifically no warranty for cracked arches, tops, lids or bottoms.
- Corrosion of the case is specifically not warranted. Corrosion is typically due to use of a kiln in an unheated outside shed (where morning dew condenses on the kiln and humidity attacks the kiln) or from an unvented kiln (where the water vapor and fumes generated by firing ceramic materials attack the kiln case). However, even a vented kiln can corrode due to all the environmental and process conditions that a kiln can be exposed to. Exposure to other ambient conditions, including but not limited to rain, snow, dust, and salt air will also cause corrosion.
- Damage due to neglect, inadequate room or kiln ventilation, mechanical abuse, improper storage, inadequate maintenance, improper use or freight damage.
- Damage to the elements or element holders due to failure to properly keep the kiln clean (i.e. allowing glaze or ceramic chards from exploding pots) to make contact with the element holders.
- Damage to the kiln caused for firing in ambient conditions that are too hot for the control or other components in the kiln. The One-Touch™ control is rated for use up to 125°F (52°C). That means that the room that you fire in should be less than 110°F (43°C) (because the control will be slightly hotter than room air dues to transferred heat from the kiln). Note that direct sunlight on the control face may raise the temperature of the board beyond what you would expect from the ambient temperature or the kiln heat.
- Failure to report defect within fifteen (15) days after it becomes manifest or known.
- Any alteration of parts or design that vary from factory designs.
- Use of elements and/or other parts other than genuine L&L parts supplied by L&L or its authorized Distributors and Dealers.
- Thermocouple Protection Tubes are not warranted against breakage.
- L&L's warranty is strictly limited to repair or replacement of defective items. Kilns may not be returned.
- Distributors and Dealers are not authorized by L&L to modify and/or assume any other obligations or liabilities other than those expressed in this limited warranty and any such additional obligations are null and void.
- EXCEPT AS SPECIFICALLY WARRANTED HEREIN, KILNS ARE SOLD AS IS. L&L MAKES NO OTHER WARRANTY, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, COVERING THE GOODS AND SPECIFICALLY DISCLAIMS ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. Purchaser acknowledges that certain conditions or circumstances may be created or incurred by Purchaser or user or over which L&L has no control, including, but not limited to, climactic conditions, improper use, inadequate maintenance, and Purchaser, as a condition of purchase or use, assumes responsibility for and releases L&L from liability arising out of the use of the kilns attributable to such causes.
- L&L SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY INCIDENTAL, SECONDARY, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO BODILY INJURY OR DEATH, LOST PROFITS, LOSS OF USE, OR OTHER ECONOMIC LOSSES. Purchaser agrees that L&L's total liability for any damages or remedies arising hereunder shall be limited to direct damages, in an amount not exceeding the purchase price actually paid. Replacement or repair or refund, at L&L's sole discretion, of the purchase price of the equipment purchased shall constitute the exclusive and sole remedy available to Purchaser. Any action for breach of contract or negligence must be commenced by Purchase within one (1) year after delivery of the equipment to Purchaser.
16) L&L's full Terms and Conditions of Sale are available at http://www.hotkilns.com/standardterms.pdf.
Five-Year pro-Rated element & thermocouple limited warranty
- Elements and thermocouples are warranted for five (5) years on a pro-rated basis with the following exceptions:
- Glaze damage to the elements caused by accidentally scraping edges of unfired glazed ware against element groove. WARNING: causing unfired glaze to contaminate element will damage elements and can lead to element failure, and creates a fire hazard.
- Firing of kiln to a temperature that exceeds 2280°F (1248°C).
- Damage to elements caused by explosion of ceramic object. WARNING: this may cause damage to the elements and can lead to element failure, and creates a fire hazard.
Pro-Rated Schedule for elements and thermocouples:
- Elements are warranted on a prorated schedule based on the ship date of the kiln. All dates are based on ship date from factory if sold direct or drop shipped to customer. If sold from a distributor's warehouse the date would be based on when it was shipped and/or sold from the distributor. The warranty is not extended for any period of where operation of the kiln is delayed for shipping, warehousing, or other reasons.
- This replacement schedule is limited to new kilns. L&L does not warrant replacement elements and thermocouples except for catastrophic failure (for instance, a situation where the element end broke off without fault of the operator).
- Labor to replace elements is not covered.
- The pro-rated discount schedule only is valid for elements that you are actually replacing. In other words you can't buy a whole set of elements at these prices for anticipated future replacement. We reserve the right to ask for replaced elements in return.
|Date from time of shipment from factory||Price of thermocouples and elements|
|0-12 Months||No Charge|
|12-24 Months||20% of full list price|
|24-36 Months||30% of full list price|
|36-48 Months||40% of full list price|
|48-60 Months||50% of full list price|
Pro-Rated Schedule For Elements for kilns without a Vent-Sure
When a kiln is used without an automatic Vent-Sure, the elements will corrode a lot quicker than normally and fail more quickly.
|Date from time of shipment from factory||Price of thermocouples and elements|
|0-6 Months||No Charge|
|6-12 Months||20% of full list price|
|12-24 Months||30% of full list price|
|24-36 Months||40% of full list price|
|36-48 Months||50% of full list price
|48-60 Months||60% of full list price|
Three-Year limited vent warranty
L&L VS-1 Vent-Sure is warranted to be free of defects in workmanship for a period of (3) years. Please see the Standard Three-Year Limited Warranty for details.
Nov 1, 2016
Get PDF Versions
Click here to find both Warranty PDFs
Standard Three-Year Warranty
L&L offers a Three-Year limited warranty as the standard baseline warranty. We take great pride in the durability and service length of our products. We are a phone call away.
Enhanced Five-Year Warranty
Our School-Master kilns, controlled with our One-Touch Intuitive Control, are warranted for five years.