Ceramic Fiber Lids are the answer to lid cracking on large Span Lids
- These are ideal for T3400 kilns.
- The lid firebrick is replaced with ceramic fiber modules.
- 2600°F ceramic fiber is folded and formed into 4" thick modules that have an alloy support system inside.
- The internal support of the module is stud-welded to a metal frame that matches the normal metal frame that we use in the firebrick lid.
- These lids will never crack or spall and will last indefinitely.
- The ceramic fiber is rated in temperature higher than the kiln rating so there is no concern about shrinkage of the fiber.
- These fiber lids are available as either new equipment or as retrofit kits to fit older kilns.
Warning: Refractory ceramic fiber has hazards associated with its use. Read the MSDS Sheet before purchasing. Use a NIOSH N95 approved dust mask when working with refractory ceramic fiber. The RCF fiber is only intended for industrial use production facilities - not in schools or homes. Download and sign disclaimer form if you are using in a non-industrial workplace. For more detail: Analysis from NIOSH.