- Start Here
- Choose a Kiln
- Request Literature
Industrial Wiring for Jupiter Kilns
Air Space to Keep Controls Cool and Reliable
- The control panel is mounted off the kiln with an air space in between it and the kiln - for more reliable operation.
- Electronic Controls, Switches and sensitive components last longer.
Plug in Sections
- Kiln sections plug into the panel with flexible cords.
Easy Factory Service
Easy Access and Well Laid Out Wiring
- The panel door is hinged for easy access to fuses and for service.
- All wiring is neatly laid out for easy maintenance.
- The instrument panel is well-ventilated.
Power relays with industrial grade wiring
- On all automatic Jupiter kilns and all larger manual kilns (all except single phase J18, J18X, J23 and J230 which use zone switches for power switching) power is switched to the elements with sealed power relays.
branch fusing included on high powered units
- Each element circuit or zone is separately fused on kilns with more than 50 amps. This protects element circuits
- Meets National Electrical Code requirements.
- All Jupiter Kilns are listed to UL499 Standards
on/Off switch & control fuse for automatic panels
- On/Off Toggle Switch breaks power to the electronic control to insure that it is off when you want it to be off.
- Some kilns don't have an on/off switch.
- Panel mount control fuse protects electronic control.
Power cord for smaller kilns (under 50 Amps)
- A 50 amp 6-50P six foot power cord is included for J18, J18X, J23, J23PB and J230 single phase models (and automatic versions).
- A 50 amp 15-50P six foot power cord is included for 3 phase kilns listed above.
- All other models feature a direct hook-up power terminal block.
Control panels are carefully tested
- We designed our own special testing device to put each automatic control through a rigorous test before it ships.
- We actually simulate various temperatures as we put a test program through its paces.
- We do a high voltage pot test of each power circuit to test for shorts.