- Check the tightness of all connections. Do this by wiggling the connector to make sure it is not loose.
- Examine all connections for any sign of oxidation or discoloration.
- Examine all wires for signs that the wire may have burned.
- Make sure all wires are connected to their proper connection point. You may have to compare the kiln to the wiring diagram to be sure of this. This step would be particularly important if a wire has come loose.
- Look for any place where a wire may have shorted against the metal case or a component.
CAUTION: Turn power off to kiln form the circuit breaker or unplug the kiln.