- Start Here
- Choose a Kiln
- Request Literature
- Ceramic Distributors
Thick 8 Gauge Thermocouples
Special Limit of Error Type 8 Gauge Type K Thermocouples
- Special Limit of Error to ANSI MC96.1 specifications is used.
- The standard thermocouples used for all L&L Automatic kilns are 8 gauge Type K thermocouples. Element connection wire and all terminations are properly calibrated for the thermocouples to keep them accurate.
- 8 Gauge is the thickness of 0.1285 (about 1/8" thick) - which means they can withstand quite a bit of abuse and the natural corrosion that takes place in a kiln.
- Most L&L automatic kiln also include a ceramic protection tube to further protect the thermocouple.
- Type S platinum thermocouples are also available as an option.