- Start Here
- Choose a Kiln
- Request Literature
- Ceramic Distributors
Most L&L Kilns use premium grade K23 brick. These special firebricks are highly insulating and lightweight.
Premium Insulation calibrated for each product
- 3" Brick is more energy efficient than 2-1/2" firebrick especially when doing high fires or long soaks.
- We have compiled a study of energy efficiency comparisons of 2-1/2" vs 3" brick for Jupiter kilns.
- 3" brick allows for a slower natural cool down.
- See individual kilns specifications for insulation details.
Special Applications use K25 2500°F Firebrick
- JH series and some custom kilns use the higher temperature K25 brick. This is not as energy efficient but is mechanically stronger and withstands more abuse, especially at very high temperatures. It is perfect for the special purpose JH kilns because quicker cooling is required to freeze crystals.
- K25 arch brick is used in the Hercules and Easy-Load Front-Loading kilns. We do this because the K25 resists spalling better which is important on an arch.