- Start Here
- Choose a Kiln
- Request Literature
- Ceramic Distributors
KISS Computer Interface & Datalogger for DynaTrol Control
Remotely monitor and control up to 10 kilns
Kiss (kiln interface software system) connects up to 10 DynaTrol controllers to a personal computer running Windows 95, Windows 98, Windows 2000, Windows XP, Vista and Windows 7 (just not Windows NT).
- Kiss is an easy-to-use interface for programming and monitoring of the controller from a computer up to 4000 feet away.
- You can see the state of all ten kilns at a glance or view the in depth status of any individual kiln.
- The “collect data option” turns your computer into data acquisition system to store the set-points and the kiln temperatures in a file for graphing. It puts the data into a spreadsheet form.
- The summary report will keep a history file of the date, program fired, firing time and final temperature for each firing of each kiln to help with maintenance records.
- The starter kit includes KISS Windows-based software on CD, a 25 foot modular cable (to connect from the computer to the kiln), a modular connector to install on the kiln, an RS485 chip to install in the controller and either an opto-isolated RS232 to RS485 converter or a USB to RS485 converter.
- The KISS Kiln Kit (for adding on additional kilns) includes a modular "T" adapter, 25 feet modular cable, surface mount modular jack with kiln connection wires,
RS485 communications chip (MAX487 integrated circuit) to put onto the DynaTrol controller.
- See the Bartlett web site for more information.
- See an article in Ceramic Industry about how Bill Campbell uses the KISS software to control his kilns
Connect to your kiln remotely from another location via Internet
- Using a program such as PCAnywhere, GoToMyPC, or LogMeIn you can control and monitor the control computer remotely.
- Some of these programs are totally free or very inexpensive.
- You can control your computer remotely as well as see what it is doing.
One-Time Cost with no Continuing Subscription Fees
- There is a one-time cost (shown below) for the first kiln and then a small charge for each additional kiln that you connect. This is for all the hardware and software necessary to do the job.
Note About Wire to Use
- Use the cable supplied with the KISS system. Using the wrong wire is a common cause of problems. The ESSENTIAL part is that the cable must be straight-thru wire and most cable on the market is twisted-pair wire. The cable looks like an ordinary phone cable, but phone cable is generally twisted-pair.
If you choose to do otherwise, the specifications for the cable supplied is that it is a 25' modular cord, 6-position, 4 contacts, straight-thru wiring, RJ11-6P4C.
|KISS Starter Kit with USB Connection||N-G-KISS/US||$575.00|
|Retrofit to add KISS Kiln Kit to an older control panel||N-G-KISS/RF||$40.00|
|Kiln Kit Package for Extra Kilns||N-G-KISS/KK||$85.00|