Choose whether kiln is sectional or one piece construction
Moving & repairing a sectional kiln is easy
- Top-loading electric kilns are either sectional or one-piece construction.
- Typically sectional kilns have 9" high sections that sit on top of each other.
- Sectional kilns are easy to move (often one person can do the job) and easy to repair.
- Kilns made with a single piece case are usually less expensive but have obvious disadvantages.
- They are very difficult to move and repair (you may have to disassemble the whole kiln).
Front-Loading kilns are single piece construction
- Except for our Hercules kiln which has a detatchable stand, all our front-loading kilns are made in one piece.
- The door can be removed if necessary with proper rigging.